Summer CAMP 2018
YELL! Academy at The Think Tank.
- Educational Focus: A STEAM focused science summer camp. Featuring STEAM science labs and activities, Swimming and STEAM related field trips.
- Location: East Village: 1137 Suite A Senoia Rd, Tyrone Ga 30290
- Dates: May 28th - August 4th, 2018
- Time: 9AM - 3PM
- Ages: 5-13
- Program Information:
- GA Certified Teachers
- Educational Enrichment Programs include STEAM Curriculum.
- Physical Fitness/Health Activities
- Must Bring your own Lunch
- Field-trips are included
A. Drop-Off, Car Pool, Walk-In, Pick-Up and Late Fees
- Please Note: This summer camp program offers before and after school care for students. Before-Care is $20 per week and starts at 7AM until the time that camp starts. After-Care is $20 per week and lasts from the time camp ends until 5PM.
- For those not looking to sign their child up for before-care, drop-off will run from 7:00AM - 9:00AM. Upon drop off, students will be taken to camp rooms for pre-camp activities.
- For those not looking to sign their child up for after-care, pick-up will begin at 3:00PM.
- Pick-Up will run from 3:00PM – 3:30PM. Any camper picked up after 3:30PM will be considered to be in After Care. In addition there will be a Late Pick-Up Fee of $10/hr accrued the first minute of each hour for each hour an unregistered After Care student participates in After Care. (See table below).
- Fees are due no later than the following morning at Drop-Off. Your camper will not be accepted back into camp until fees are paid. Your payment must be made via the same online payment process used for registration.
- We understand that Atlanta traffic can be quite heavy and spontaneous at times, but we ask that you make plans to ensure your child can be picked up during the appropriate time.
- Fee Schedule for Late Pick-Up - Please Note: Late fees only applies to those who have not signed up for After Care.
- 3:30PM - 4:00PM - $10
- 4:00PM - 4:30PM - $20
B. Morning Care
- Activities such as board games; arts & crafts; puzzles and movies will be coordinated between 7:00AM and 8:30AM to awaken our campers' minds for a day of learning experiences.
- All Campers must bring his/her lunch
- May Bring personally labeled snacks
On Wednesdays (K-3) & Fridays (4-8), campers will have the opportunity to enjoy swimming activities at Kedron Aquatic Center & Duncan Park. Both pools are equipped with certified swim instructor(s) and a staff of lifeguards.
Campers who will be participating in pool activities will need to bring a bag containing their swim clothes; towel; pool shoes or flip-flops. Campers may also bring wearable floaties and goggles if desired. This bag will hold their regular clothes while they are swimming. Please label the bag and all of its contents with your camper's name.
Campers will be carrying their bag and wearing their pool shoes or flip-flops to the pool as we will be leaving their camp shoes and any other valuable belongings locked in the classroom. Campers will change into and out of their swim clothes in the recreational center locker rooms.
We will contact you to fill out the necessary swimming permissions form prior to attending camp.
Activities such as board games; arts & crafts; puzzles and movies will be coordinated for campers who do not wish to swim.
YELL! Academy & I Beat ALL has high expectations for all students. These expectations are designed to promote the well being of each student and to ensure that each child is able to reach his/her fullest potential. Each student will be required to do the following:
- Respect the property and persons of fellow students at the program, teachers and student assistants as well as all others not directly associated with the program.
- Always act in a manner that will promote opportunities to learn.
- Have a positive attitude about learning and involvement in the program.
- Politely communicate any concerns directly to teachers or student assistants.
- No “horseplay” of any kind will be tolerated. Students are representatives of YELL! Academy during their involvement with the STEM programs.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted on the any of the program locations. This includes but is not limited to guns, knives, switchblades, pocketknives, and any other instruments that could be used as weapons. Any student who brings a weapon to the program will be dismissed from the program immediately.
- A student who violates any of these rules will be immediately dismissed from the program.
What To and What Not to Wear:
- To Wear:
- Campers will be moving around a classroom doing arts and crafts. Wear clothes that are comfortable and are OK for glue and spills.
- Please send your camper with a swimsuit, towel and goggles if needed. They will need a pair of pool shoes or flip flops to wear to the pool as we will be leaving their camp shoes and any other valuable belongings locked in the classroom. Campers will change into and out of their swim clothes in the recreational center locker rooms. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Some activities as well as the walk to lunch will be outside. Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Not to Wear:
- Expensive jewelry, clothes or shoes that may get messy or lost.
- Open-toe shoes except when going to the pool on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Please Note: We are not responsible for cellphones or electronic devices. Students that bring these items will be responsible for them and are not to be used during unassigned times
- Cancellations made prior to a month in advance of the camp will be issued a full refund. Any cancellation occurring after the one month deadline will result in the forfeiting of camp fees.